The Personal Management merit badge is all about learning how to manage yourself. This includes how to manage your finances, time, relationships, career, and other tasks. It also covers such topics as goal setting, budgeting, decision-making, and other aspects of personal management. The following is an overview and worksheet to help you complete the requirements for earning the Personal Management merit badge.
The following is a worksheet to help you keep track of the requirements you must complete in order to earn the Personal Management merit badge:
- Read and discuss the Personal Management merit badge pamphlet.
- Meet with your counselor to review what you have learned about the Personal Management merit badge.
- Outline a plan for achieving a personal goal. Follow your plan, and record your progress.
- Create a budget. Track your spending and saving for 30 days.
- Discuss with your counselor the importance of setting long-term goals.
- Demonstrate how to use both compound interest and simple interest to save for a goal.
- Explain the importance of good credit, and how to establish it.
- Share with your counselor at least three ways to control impulsivity.
- Make a list of at least five strategies to prioritize tasks.
- Identify three people who can mentor you in achieving your personal management goals.
Earning the Personal Management merit badge is a great way to learn about different aspects of personal management and how to use them to achieve your goals. With dedication and hard work, you can earn the Personal Management merit badge and use your newfound knowledge to be successful in life.