The Graphic Arts Merit Badge is offered to Scouts in 2023. It is designed to help Scouts learn the fundamentals of graphic design. This badge requires Scouts to create a PowerPoint presentation, learn graphic design principles, and understand the practical applications of graphic design elements. With this badge, Scouts will gain creative and technical skills that will help them in their future career and personal endeavors.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation that covers the six principles of design and an overview of the different elements that make up a graphic design.
- Choose a design project that you will work on to demonstrate the six principles of design.
- Create a design brief for the chosen project.
- Create a promotional piece for the chosen project using at least one graphic design element.
- Create the design you created for requirement 3 using one of the graphic design elements.
- Describe the implications of your project from a business perspective.
The Graphic Arts merit badge worksheet is designed to help Scouts understand the requirements and complete their project. A successful project includes an understanding of graphic design principles, creating a design brief, completing a design project, and promoting the design project. The worksheet will help Scouts track their progress and provide suggestions for completing the project.
The worksheet will first ask Scouts to list the six principles of design. Once the principle is understood, the Scout can then create a design brief and begin working on a design project. Once the design brief is complete, Scouts should begin to create the design they chose for requirement 3. This should include one or more of the graphic design elements. Finally, the Scout should explain the implications of their design project from a business perspective.
The Graphic Arts Merit Badge worksheet is a great way for Scouts to track their progress and learn the fundamentals of graphic design. With this badge, Scouts will gain creative and technical skills that will help them in their future career and personal endeavors.