Making healthy short-term goals can lead to long-term success. Short-term goals provide you with a measurable way to track your progress and celebrate accomplishments along your journey to a more fulfilling and healthy life. When creating short-term goals, it’s important to choose realistic, achievable objectives that will help you make progress and keep you motivated.
Below are some examples of healthy short-term goals that you can set for yourself:
- Exercise: Set a goal of going for a fifteen-minute walk each day, or committing to doing twenty minutes of yoga three times a week.
- Nutrition: Swap out processed snacks for healthier options, such as nuts or fruit. Try to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet, or set the goal of drinking eight or more glasses of water each day.
- Sleep: Establish a consistent sleep schedule and commit to getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
- Mindfulness: Dedicate five minutes of each day to meditating, or take five minutes of your lunch break to practice mindful eating.
- Social Connections: Make a goal of calling a friend or family member once a week, or joining a local group with like-minded interests.
By committing to little things each day that help you focus on your health and well-being, you can make strides towards feeling better and living a more balanced life. Setting healthy short-term goals gives you a realistic way to track your progress and celebrate accomplishments along your journey.