Rowing is an activity that has been part of human culture since antiquity. By earning the Rowing Merit Badge, you will learn the basics of rowing and how to safely use a rowing machine. The Merit Badge is divided into three parts: (1) Requirements, (2) Worksheet, and (3) Resources.
- Explain the safety rules and proper operation of a rowing machine.
- Describe the basics of a rowing stroke.
- Demonstrate proper stretching exercises before rowing.
- Demonstrate proper rowing posture.
- Complete an ergometer test.
- Describe the elements of a good rowing technique.
The attached worksheet will help you meet the certain requirements listed above. In it, you will find more in-depth descriptions and visuals of each requirement.
The following resources can help you complete your Rowing Merit Badge successfully: