The Major Activities of the Planning Section Include:
The Planning Section is responsible for overseeing the activities of an emergency incident or event, such as a natural disaster or major fire. The major activities of this section include:
- Preparing and documenting Incident Action Plans
- Managing information and maintaining situational awareness
- Monitoring resources and staffing
- Assessing changing conditions and revising action plans
- Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating incident-related data
- Compensating for injury or damage to property
- Setting up and maintaining incident facilities
The Planning Section also works to coordinate activities with responding organizations and solicit input from stakeholders. This section chief will also review and approve action plans and ensure that they are constructed in accordance with available resources. The chief also has final authorization over all operations.
Conclusion: The Planning Section is an important part of any incident response effort, and it is responsible for a number of crucial tasks. The major activities of this section include preparing and documenting Incident Action Plans, managing incident information, monitoring resources and staffing, assessing changing conditions, and more.