Welcome to the world of Girl Scouting! From earning badges to bridging to the next level, the Wings of Girl Scouting Ceremony is a beautiful way for girls to celebrate their hard work and their accomplishments. Whether your daughter is bridging from Daisy to Brownie or from Cadette to Senior, this ceremony will provide the perfect opportunity to honor her transition into a new level of Girl Scouting.
What Is the Wings of Girl Scouting Ceremony?
The Wings of Girl Scouting ceremony is a special event that marks a girl’s advancement to the next level of Girl Scouting. This ceremony typically takes place at the end of the troop’s bridging activities. During the ceremony, the girls receive a white ribbon with “Wings of Girl Scouting” written on it. As part of the ceremony, the girls make a special promise to continue their Girl Scout journey.
The Symbols of the Wings of Girl Scouting Ceremony
During the Wing of Girl Scouting ceremony, several symbolic items are used to help represent the importance of the event. The items typically used include a bridge, a bridge pattern, and a white ribbon. The bridge is a representation of the girl’s transition from one level of Girl Scouting to the next. The bridge pattern is placed on the girl so that the ribbon can be tied around her. The white ribbon has the words “Wings of Girl Scouting” written on it and is presented to the girl at the end of the ceremony. It serves as a reminder to the girl of the commitment she has made to the Girl Scout program.
How to Put Together a Wings of Girl Scouting Ceremony
Putting together a Wings of Girl Scouting Ceremony for your troop can be a fun and rewarding experience. To make sure the event runs smoothly, you’ll want to plan ahead and prepare the necessary materials. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you plan your ceremony.
- Gather materials. You’ll need a bridge, a bridge pattern, a roll of white ribbon, and white adhesive stars.
- Print out copies of the bridge pattern for each girl participating in the ceremony.
- Set up the bridge and place the bridge pattern on the ground. This will serve as a guide for the ceremony.
- Have each girl come forward and make their commitment to the Girl Scout program. The troop leader or another designated adult should read the commitment aloud for the girls.
- Have each girl kneel down and have an adult tie the white ribbon around her.
- Have each girl stand up and face the audience. An adult should then place a white adhesive star on each girl’s back.
- Conclude the ceremony with the troop leader leading the girls in the Girl Scout Promise.
Download a FREE Wings of Girl Scouting Printable Guide
If you’d like to have a printed copy of the steps for the Wing of Girl Scouting Ceremony, you can download a free printable guide. Just follow the link below to download the guide.
We hope this article has given you a better understanding of the Wings of Girl Scouting Ceremony and how to put together an amazing event for your troop. With some preparation and a little creativity, you can create a special memory that your girls will cherish for years to come.