Tie dyeing shirts with Kool-Aid is a fun and easy activity that will never get old! Kool-Aid tie dyeing is an awesome activity that is perfect for kids of all ages. With this fun and easy guide, you will be able to create some amazing Kool-Aid tie dye art with only a few ingredients.
- Kool-Aid packets
- Rubber bands
- Vinegar (optional)
- Plastic or glass bowls
- Gather your materials. Put the rubber bands on the T-shirts to create different patterns. You can get creative with the rubber bands and make any pattern you desire.
- In the plastic or glass bowls, mix two packets of Kool Aid with 1 cup of vinegar. If you would like the colors to be bolder, you can add more packets of Kool-Aid.
- Twist the t-shirt and secure with the rubber bands.
- With gloves on, dip the t-shirt in the Kool-Aid mixture and let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the desired look has been achieved, rinse the t-shirt until the water runs clear.
- Remove the rubber bands and let the t-shirt dry.
- Once dry, you have your very own Kool-Aid tie-dye t-shirt!
You can also get creative with this activity and make other accessories such as scarves, hats, and purses by following the same instructions.
Printable Activity Sheet:
You can download our printable activity sheet below to help your kids create their own Kool-Aid tie dye masterpieces!
We hope you and your kids enjoy tie dyeing with Kool-Aid! Remember to have fun and stay creative! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.