Gather around the campfire and start playing this fun and unique game for the holiday season! Perfect for a scout activity, this game of “Open Me First” is easy to set up and will keep your scouts entertained. The objective of the game is to be the one who opens the present that contains the special prize.
The objective of the game is to be the first person to open the present that contains the special prize. The person who opens the present first will win the prize!
- You will need an assortment of presents and boxes of various sizes. Try to get boxes that have something special printed on them to add an extra level of excitement.
- Each box should be filled with an assortment of items. You can make it fun by adding in unique items like candy, stickers, pencils, chapstick, or any other small items.
- One box should be designated as the “prize box”. This box should contain a special prize that the winner will receive.
- Once all of the boxes have been filled, they should be arranged in a circle around the campfire. Everyone should have a seat in the circle and the game can begin.
How to Play
- The first person to start the game will pick a box and open it. They will then take whatever item is inside and pass the box to the next person.
- This process will continue until the “prize box” is opened. The first person to open the “prize box” will win the special prize.
- Any items that are not in the “prize box” can be distributed amongst the other participants or given back to the person who opened the box.
- You can make the game more challenging by making the order of the boxes random. This means that the “prize box” will not be immediately obvious.
- You can also add in a prize for the person who opens the second to last box. This will add an extra level of excitement to the game.
- You can also have the participants try to guess which box contains the special prize. You can award points for correct guesses and the person with the most points will win a special prize.
This fun and unique game of “Open Me First” is perfect for a holiday scout activity. The objective of the game is to be the first person to open the prize box and win the special prize. With some creative twists, this game can be modified to make it even more fun and exciting for your scouts. Have fun and happy holidays!